History of the Company:
OTC Network began in 2010. This is when Medagate Corporation and InComm launched the first national Over-The-Counter (OTC) benefits program for Medicare Advantage plans and their members. They work with leading Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial health plans to provide easier consumer access to eligible items using its reloadable prepaid cards. Their main goal is to have their cards accepted at as many retail locations across the nation as possible that sell over-the-counter medications.
This would allow eligible Medicare plan members the flexibility in selecting a pharmacy or retailer from whom they can purchase their OTC products from. To learn more visit this link.
This information can be for the following eligible plan members:
What items can you get with OTC card?
Over-the-counter drugs are medicines that can be purchased without a prescription. Generally OTC products are used for the treatment of minor health problems. They are safe and effective when you follow the directions on the label and as directed by your health care professional. If you’re a member of a plan with an over-the-counter (OTC) benefit, you’ll receive a OTC Network card with a pre-funded monthly allowance upon enrollment.
Items that may be available with this allowance are:
- Diabetes Care ItemsVitamins & Mineral / Dietary Supplements
- Cold, Flu, Allergy , Sinus, Asthma Medicines
- Oral, Eye, Ear, Foot, Skin, Sun Care Products
- Cough / Sore Throat Relief
- Pain Relief Medicine
- Nasal Sprays, Moisturizer & Washes
- Compression sleeves, garments, and other accessories
- Health Supports such as arm slings, braces or bandages
- Digestive Products
- Weight Control / Nutritional Food Products
- Smoking Prevention / Deterrents
- First Aid Items
- A Blood Pressure Kit or Other Diagnostics (Home Test Kits)
How to manage your OTC Network Card:
Today, they offer eligible OTC Card Members access to a free and secure online card management tool. The online portal allows patients to perform the following tasks:
- Activate their online card / account.
- Add card and check on the card balance.
- Check their transaction history.
- View all the participating retailers.
- Verify exactly which items are eligible by scanning the barcode when using the mobile app. Or you can login to your online account to search by product category, manufacturer, and product name.
ALERT: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
Choose one of the following ways to activate your OTC Card:
- Call the Card Services Department at: 1-888-682-2400 / TTY/TDD 711.
- Visit a participating pharmacy or retailer such as:
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
- Go to your online online account for a list of locations or call: 1-888-260-1010 / TTY 1-888-542-3821.
- IMPORTANT: You do not need a prescription. Also, you do not have to visit the pharmacy window. Just take your items to the front checkout lanes. When you check out, swipe the card for payment. All of the approved items will automatically be deducted from your card balance.
Activate the card online.
Below is a step by step guide.
What you will need to activate a card online:
- Be sure to have your Medicare Member Plan ID card number
- Your OTC card number found on the front of the card
- The Date of Birth of the eligible member of the plan is required
Please follow these easy steps below need to access the if you are a NEW MEMBER who needs to activate their card online:
NOTE BEFORE ACTIVATION:
Be sure to only activate your card on the effective date / start date of your plan. If you activate it any sooner, it may be activated under your previous plan.
TIP: Unused balances will automatically expire at the end of each benefit period or upon disenrollment from the plan so be sure to use the full amount before then.
- Visit this link on your device.
- Type in your 16 or 19 digit card number into the field provided.
- Click on the orange “Submit” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information to complete the activation.
NOTICE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
OTC Network Video Summary