HCA Healthcare Company Phone: 615-344-9551
Healthstream Company Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-521-0574
Please be aware that this article is about the two companies referenced above.
Dr. Thomas Frist, Dr. Thomas Frist, Jr. and Jack Massey founded the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) in 1968. They were one of the very first hospital companies in the U.S. They are one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. This company is made up of locally managed facilities that include over 150 hospitals and 100 freestanding surgery centers located in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
In 1990, Robert A. Frist, Jr became a co-founder of Healthstream. It has been recognized for excellence by:
- Best in Business Awards
- Brandon Hall Group
The services of this company are used by medical organizations in the U.S. such as:
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Assisted Living & Senior Care
- Behavioral Health
- Community Health
- Home Health
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Physician Groups & Clinics
- Skilled Nursing & Long-Term Care
- Urgent Care & Emergency Services
Services include workforce development, compliance, resuscitation, revenue cycle, clinical development, training and learning management, talent management, credentialing, privileging, provider enrollment, performance assessment, and other education programs.
They own the following brands:
- HCCS – Provides Healthcare Compliance Tools & Training
- Providigm – Helps Nursing Homes & Hospitals
- Verity (formed by the merge of Echo & Morrisey) – Provides Automated Healthcare Credentialing, Privileging & Accreditation
A variety of employee online education courses can be taken using the HealthStream Learning Center. This an internet-based learning management system. It provides mandatory education / re-education / continuing medical education courses.
Benefits of using this online education resource:
- You can print out transcripts.
- You will be able to track your completed courses.
- You can set up or self-schedule a course that you select of your preference.
- You will be able to take assigned or required courses.
NOTE: Please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
Please be aware that logins for this online learning system are different for each organization or institute.
It is suggested that you contact your internal HealthStream administrator, local help desk, local IT support desk, Education Department, or Human Resources Department with questions or for the exact URL or if you need help registering.
Follow these easy steps below to sign in to your personal / employee HCA – The Healthcare Company Learning Center account:
- Visit: http://www.healthstream.com/hlc/hca or https://www.healthstream.com/hca in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your username and password in the fields provided.
- Begin to manage your online account.
Follow these easy steps below if you need help to find the exact sign in link for your organization or institute account:
- Visit: https://www.healthstream.com/login-help in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the “lookup your URL” link in orange.
- Type in the name of your organization or institute in the field provided.
- OPTIONAL: choose your country, state or province.
- Click on the search button icon.
- Find your institute or organization and select the appropriate link.
- After you find the right link and have clicked on it to open it, type in your username and password in the fields provided.
- Begin to manage your account.