To place a OTC order over the phone call: 1-866-851-1579 (TTY 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Cigna-HealthSpring is contracted with Medicare for PDP plans, HMO and PPO plans in select states, and with select State Medicaid programs. Coverage options may vary depending upon your location.
Their plans are designed to give offer:
- Low-cost healthcare coverage.
- Coverage for prescription drugs.
- Access to doctors, nurses and specialists who all work together to help you feel better.
- The benefits you need to take good care of yourself.
- Extra benefits that are not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B – Original Medicare.
Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up. As of 2020, some of the plans offer Over-the-Counter Items and Services coverage.
What is the Over-the-Counter Items and Services Benefit?
This coverage provides a limited allowance every three months for specific over-the-counter drugs and other health‑related pharmacy products, as listed in the OTC catalog. Check your Cigna-HealthSpring Evidence of Coverage to verify your quarterly OTC allowance amount. The benefit does not apply to all plans.
Why use the OVER-THE-COUNTER (OTC)
MEDICATIONS AND HEALTH PRODUCTS benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Free Shipping & Handling.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
What are some of the products you can order?
OTC medications such as:
• Cold and flu medicine
Health-related products such as:
• Nicotine patches
• Disposable underpads
• Compression socks
• Nasal strips
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are two was that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the phone: 1-866-851-1579 (TTY 711)
- Order by mail.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
In the following states, all Medicare Supplement plans are available to persons eligible for Medicare because of disability: Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont, and Wisconsin.
What you need to register / sign in to a Cigna-Healthspring OTC account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Why create a Cigna OTC online account?
You will be allowed to access a variety of account information such as:
- View and manage your OTC member account information.
- View catalog items.
- View your current available benefit balance.
- See when benefit expires.
- See when the next benefit amount will be available.
- Search for specific over-the-counter products.
- Order over-the-counter products.
- Track your previous orders.
- View home delivery dates estimates.
- Get an email with a tracking number when your order ships.
- Download the product catalog.
- Print a mail in order form.
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://www.cignahealthspringotc.com/ in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the orange “Not Registered? Signup Now” button and you will be directed to: https://www.cignahealthspringotc.com/Account/Register.aspx
- Type in your First and Last name in the fields provided.
- Type in your Health Plan Member ID in the field provided.
- Select your state.
- Input in your date of birth in the fields provided.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Create a User Name and type it into the field provided.
- Create and type in a password in the fields provided.
- Select your security questions and then type in the answers into the fields provided.
- Click on the green “Register” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the Cigna Healthspring OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: www.cignahealthspringotc.com in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your User Name in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the orange “Log in” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
When can you spend the quarterly allowance? Your allowance goes into your account quarterly on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. You can spend your full quarterly allowance as soon as it is in your account.
Will any unused amount roll over? Yes. You may even save up your allowances to order higher-priced items later in the year. Again, as of 2020, any unused balances will roll forward each quarter BUT balances do not carry over to the next year.
How many orders can I submit? Order once a month up to 12 times a year.
NOTE: any items that are ordered must be for the Cigna customer. Cigna prohibits the purchase of OTC items for family or friends.
How long will it take to receive the items ordered? Expect 5-7 business days for home delivery.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $10 and your order total is $10.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
2020 / 2019 Cigna OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
General contact numbers are:
Medicare: 1-866-851-1579 (TTY 711)