Customer Service Program Support Phone Number: call 1-800-964-2777 (TTY 711) or 1-800-735-2989 (TTY 711). Call 2-1-1 to find out if you are eligible for the program. Resource: 211texas.org/about-2-1-1/
This company started in 2000. Their goal is to offer health care solutions that are easy to use and affordable for consumers. Today, they offer eligible members in the State of Texas the opportunity to join the STAR+PLUS Medicaid Program. It provides health care, acute, long-term and many other support services for individuals with disability or those who are 65 years of age or older. All members receive personal attendant services along with Day Activity and Health Services (DAHS). Additional reasons to join if eligible:
- Audiology services
- Hospital Services
- Laboratory Services
- Chiropractic Services
- Ambulance Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Emergency Services
- Family Planning Services
- Home Health Services
- Primary Care Services
- Preventive Services
- Specialty Physician Services
- Therapy Services
- Birthing services
Other Benefits Include:
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies
- 72-hour supplies of emergency prescriptions
- Disease Management Programs
- Prenatal Care
- Accessing OB/GYN
- Advanced Practice Nurse (APRNs)
- Disease Manage Programs
- Service Coordination
- Employment Assistance
- Health Education related to Obesity
- Lock-In program Outpatient Drugs
- Medical checkups and Comprehensive Care Program
The program also covers:
- Radiology, Imaging, and X-rays
- Translation of Organs and Tissues
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
The following is available to all members (note: provided they are NOT in a nursing facility):
- Over-the-Counter Medicines (OTC)
- First Aid Kit
- Cold & Flu Kit
- AM/PM 7-day pill box
- Reacher / Grabber
- Fleece Blanket
- Clip-on Lamp
- Vinyl Gloves
- Transportation Services
- 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line
- Cigna-HealthSpring Fitness Plus – Active & Fit Home Fitness Kit & Active & Fit Fitness Facility Membership
- Pregnant and Infant Care Book for Expecting Moms
Medicaid Members receive the above along with the following:
- Adults Only (age 21 & over) – Enhanced Vision Services
- Adults Only (age 21 & over) – Dental Services
- Emergency Response Services for Medicaid Only and Dual Members
- Respite Care – for Medicaid Only OCC and Dual Members
- Receive a $20 Good Health Reward Gift Card which can be used for an annual well visit or Texas Health Steps checkup and certain labs or immunizations
- Receive a Texas Health Steps Checkup $30 gift card within 90 days of enrollment with Cigna-HealthSpring
- New Moms receive a Welcome Home! Home Health Visit
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information. For additional information visit: https://www.cigna.com/starplus/health-care-professionals/provider-resources/benefits. To view the Member Brochure or Over-the-Counter Medicine Catalog (OTC):
Steps to enroll, login or register for the Cigna-HealthSpring STAR+PLUS Program online.
Steps if you are a NEW potential member looking to Enroll into a new plan online:
- Visit: this link on your device.
- Click on the “LEARN MORE” button located in the Enroll Now! section.
- Review the instructions provided and follow the steps for your current situation.
Follow the easy steps below if you are a NEW member who needs to Browse plans:
- Visit: this link on your device.
- Click on the “LEARN MORE” button located in the Enroll Now! section. READ step 3.
For Current Members looking for assistance with a current account:
- Visit www.cigna.com/starplus on your internet web browser and click on the “Members” section located on the Menu and then click on “Members” once/twice if needed. You should be redirected to https://www.cigna.com/starplus/members/
- Find the information needed or call your Service Coordinator at: 1-877-725-2688 OR Current Member Services Phone Number: 1-877-653-0327 (TTY: 711).
For Members who need to find Providers/Pharmacies:
- Visit: www.cigna.com/starplus/members/pharmacy on your internet web browser.
- Current Member Services Phone Number: 1-877-653-0327 (TTY: 711).