Company Customer Service Billing Phone Number: 1-866-433-4035
Company Customer Service Billing Email: Patient.FinancialServices@ucsf.edu
Company Financial Counseling Billing Phone Number: 415-353-1966
The University of California, San Francisco Medical Center ranked as one of the top five hospitals by U.S. News & World Report in 2018-19. They have a strong focus on three main areas of health; education, research, and patient care. Their three main clinical sites are Parnassus, Mount Zion, and Mission Bay.
Throughout these locations you can find over 100 different programs, clinics, and centers with specialty services in:
- Heart & Vascular
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Organ Transplants
- Women’s Health
Although they specialize in a wide variety of treatments, you could also receive primary care services including checkups, examinations, and preventative health from any of the following clinics:
- Center for Geriatric Care
- Family Medicine Center at Lakeshore
- General Internal Medicine at Post Street
- General Internal Medicine at Sutter Street
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Primary Care at China Basin – Berry Street
- Primary Care at China Basin – Waterfront
- Primary Care at Laurel Village
- Screening and Acute Care
- Women’s Health Primary Care at Mount Zion
With a mission to care, heal, teach, and discover, UCSF Health welcomes all patients who require
services. Their core values are shown with PRIDE: professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity, and excellence. That is what puts this medical center at the top of quality patient care.
Today, they offer their patients access to a free and secure online health information management tool. The online portal called MyChart allows patients to perform the following tasks:
- View and pay billing statements.
- View and manage appointments.
- Check on lab results.
- Graph trends.
- Send secure messages to their health care provider.
- Refill medications.
- View medical records / electronic health information / health summary.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
Steps to make payment to a current or new UCSF MyChart account:
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can activate a new online account or login and gain access to your current account. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
The following are different ways you can make payment:
- By Phone: (866) 433-4035 – Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- By Mail: complete and return payment coupon attached to statement to address on the statement or: Patient Financial Services
San Francisco, CA 94143-0810
- Online, via MyChart: see below for steps.
- By Guest Pay: https://ucsfmychart.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/UCSFMyChart/billing/guestpay/payasguest?&mobile=0
- By Quick Pay: https://pay.instamed.com/Form/PaymentPortal/Default?id=UCSF.QUICKPAY
- By Health Insurance: If you have health insurance, the billing office will first bill your insurance carrier. Call the number provided at the beginning of the article for any questions.
- By Medicare: If you are covered by Medicare, they will submit your claims to Medicare on your behalf. After Medicare makes its payment, they will bill your supplemental or secondary insurance carrier for the remaining balance (as determined by Medicare). If you do not have supplemental or secondary insurance, you will be responsible for any remaining balance. For additional information, review your EOMB (Explanation of Medicare Benefits) and/or your EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from your supplemental or secondary insurance company.
- By Medi-Cal: This is California’s Medicaid program, a medical assistance program for low-income residents funded by the state and federal government. If you are covered under this program, please submit an eligibility card or other proof of eligibility for your month of service.
- By Self-Pay & Financial Assistance: If you do not have health insurance or if you are seeking care that is not covered by your insurance plan, you are considered a self-pay patient. All self-pay patients at UCSF are eligible for a discount. For additional information about our discount policy, please contact the Financial Counseling office at the number provided at the start of this article.
Follow the easy steps below if you are a NEW patient who needs to register and create a new account to make payment on your account and you already have an ACTIVATION CODE:
- Visit this link on your device in an internet browser.
- Click on the “I Have an Activation Code” button located in the “Create Account” section to the right hand area of the page and you will be redirected to this page: https://ucsfmychart.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ucsfmychart/accesscheck.asp
- Type in your Activation Code in the fields provided.
- Type in your Medical Record Number in the field provided. (This is a unique number assigned to you when you registered in the clinic. This number helps staff in the clinic to quickly identify your medical record. If you do not know your Medical Record Number you can find it on an After Visit Summary (AVS), a Billing Statement or you can call MyChart Customer Support at the number provided at the beginning of this article.)
- Type in your Date of Birth in the fields provided.Click on the “Next” button.
- Proceed to move forward and provide all the required information to complete the registration for a new online account. Once you log in, make a payment online.
No Activation Code? Lost / Expired / Never Received?
After you receive your one-time-use access code you will need to use it immediately to activate your account because the code is only valid for a few days.
You will need to call the first number provided at the beginning of this article to request a new activation code OR:
- After step two from above, click on the “SIGN UP ONLINE”‘ button under the NO ACTIVATION CODE? section to the right hand area of the page OR click on this link and then click on the green “I Need an Activation Code” button. Either way you should be redirected here: https://ucsfmychart.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ucsfmychart/signup
- Proceed to move forward and provide all the required information to complete the request for a new activation code. After you can log in, make payment online.
Steps if you are a CURRENT patient looking to sign into your current account online:
- Visit: https://www.ucsfhealth.org/ucsfmychart/ on your device.
- Type in your username and password in the fields provided.
- Click on the “SIGN IN” button and make payment to your current online account.
Download the free app today:
Log in using the same website login ID and password. If you are not yet signed up, click “Sign Up” on your mobile device to begin the process.