Customer Service Technical Support Phone Number: 616-252-5195
Information in this article applies to the following Metro Health locations:
- Alger Heights
- Aquinas College Health Center
- Cedar Springs
- Community Clinic
- Comstock Park
- Grand Rapids Northeast
- GVSU Campus Health Center
- Assisted Breathing Center
- Dan & Eunice Pfeiffer Surgery Center
- Heart & Vascular
- Conference Center
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Metro Health Hospital
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Professional Building
- Skin Cancer Center
- Surgical Oncology
- Thoracic Surgery
- Metro Health Village
- Sleep Disorders Center
- The Cancer Center
- Wound Healing Center
This history of these companies can be traced back to 1942. Today, they offer patients access to a free and secure online health information management tool. The online portal allows patients to perform the following tasks:
- Schedule, cancel or review appointments online.
- View and manage drug prescriptions and medications.
- View & Print Medical Records.
- Communicate with your medical team.
- Download and Transmit Your Health Summary.
- Complete clinical questionnaires.
- View & print the following test results:
- Sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV, test results.
- Drug test results.
- Allergies test results.
- Pap smear test results.
- Pregnancy test results.
- View, track and print your immunizations.
- Pay or view your bills.
- View Vital Signs.
- Access Growth Charts.
- View Preventive Care Information.
- Provide Information Access to Referring Doctors.
- Contact Your Doctor’s Office or healthcare team.
- Read your providers’ notes from your office visits.
“Driven by our passion to put you first, Metro Health is changing the face of health care in West Michigan. Whether you’re seeing your family doctor for a yearly physical or working with a specialist to treat a chronic condition, our integrated health care system is designed to give you easy access to high-quality, personalized care.”– The Metro Health System
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow these easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can activate a new online account or login and gain access to your current account. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Follow these easy steps below if you are a NEW patient who needs to register and create a new account to manage your information:
- Visit this link on your device in an internet browser.
- Click on the “SIGN UP NOW” button.
- Type in your Activation Code in the fields provided.
- Type in your Zip Code in the field provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Proceed to move forward and provide all the required information to complete the registration for an online account.
No Activation Code? Lost / Expired / Never Received?
After you receive your one-time-use access code you will need to use it immediately to activate your account because the code is only valid for 60 days.
After step 2 from above, click on the “SIGN UP ONLINE” button located under the “No Activation Code?” title on the right hand area of the page and fill out the “Request an Activation Code” form.
Steps if you are a CURRENT patient looking to sign into your current account online:
- Visit: www.metrohealth.net/mychart on your device.
- Click on the “MyChart Login” button.
- Type in your username and password in the fields provided.
- Click on the “SIGN IN” button and begin managing your current online account.
“Our system also features:– The Metro Health System
* A wide range of medical services, including award-winning inpatient and outpatient specialty services.
* Nationally-recognized heart and vascular services.
* A cancer center developed in partnership with the University of Michigan Department of Radiation Oncology.
* A posh childbirth center featuring large, private rooms.
* Free and low-cost community health and wellness programs.”
Steps if you want to make a payment as Guest to a billing account online:
- Visit: https://www.datapay3.com/c/met/ on your device.
- Select the type of payment you need to make.
- Continue to move forward to make payment.
NOTE: If you have questions about fees or your hospital bill, call 616-252-7200 or 1-800-968-0051 or contact the Financial Assistance Program at 616-252-7110 for financial assistance.
Download the free app today:
Log in using your website login ID and password. If you are not yet signed up, click “Sign Up” on your mobile device to begin the process.