HealthStream Company Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-521-0574
American Academy of Pediatrics Company Customer Service Phone Number: 1-888-227-1770 OR 1-800-433-9016 option 4
The American Academy of Pediatrics was founded in 1930. The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) began in 1987 and is offered to anyone who cares for newborns at the time of delivery in the delivery room and in a newborn nursery but is most often taken by nurses, physicians and respiratory therapists. It is provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and is used by many to:
- Provide Improvements in the Quality of Neonatal Resuscitation
- Provide Improvements to the Process and Outcome of Neonatal Resuscitation
- Fulfill regulatory agency requirements to provide evidence of an education program that supports competency-based practice of Neonatal Resuscitation
- Meet performance expectations or attain hospital privileges or credentialing for staff who attend births or care for newborns
A variety of employee online education courses can be taken using the HealthStream Learning Center. It is an internet-based learning management system that usually provides mandatory education / re-education / continuing medical education courses or testing. For the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program, it provides online testing, online case-based simulations, and hands-on case-based simulations/debriefings that focus on critical leadership, communication and team-work skills.
Benefits of using the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Learning Management System:
- You can access your Neonatal Resuscitation Program course completion card. A eCard will be generated upon completion that can be printed or emailed.
- You will be able to access all Neonatal Resuscitation Program related information and activities in one location.
- You can pre-register for courses using the new Roster Processing System. Instructors can track your progress before you enter the classroom.
- You can access and submit your post-course evaluation to receive your eCard.
“NRP utilizes a blended learning approach, which includes online testing, online case-based simulations, and hands-on case-based simulation/debriefing that focus on critical leadership, communication, and team-work skills.”– American Academy of Pediatrics
NOTE: Please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Sign In or Registration:
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can activate a new online account or login and gain access to your current account. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Follow the easy steps below if you are a NEW individual who needs to register and create a new account:
- Visit www.healthstream.com/hlc/aap on your device in an internet browser.
- Under the “Need Help Signing In?” section, click on the “First Time Student (Provider)” option.
- OPTIONAL: test your internet connection.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Type in your Name in the fields provided.
- Create and type in a UserID and Password in the fields provided.
- Type in your Email Address in the field provided.
- Select your Department.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Proceed to move forward and provide all the required information to complete the registration for a new online account.
Follow the easy steps below to sign in to your current online account:
- Visit: www.aap.org/nrp in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on any “NRP LMS Login” button or link.
- Type in your UserID and current Password in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Begin to manage your online account.
“As of January 2017, over 3.9 million healthcare professionals have been trained or retrained. The NRP currently has approximately 23,000 active instructors. About 200,000 Providers complete the NRP Provider Course every year.”– American Academy of Pediatrics