To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-877-418-8821 (TTY: 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
UPMC for Life has a contract with Medicare to provide HMO, HMO SNP, and PPO plans. The HMO SNP plans have a contract with the PA State Medical Assistance program. It is a product of and operated by UPMC Health Plan Inc., UPMC Health Network Inc., UPMC Health Benefits Inc., UPMC Health Coverage Inc., and UPMC for You Inc. UPMC for Life Dual (HMO SNP) members receive an allowance to buy the covered health and wellness items they need.
Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up.
What is the Over the Counter Benefit?
It is a separate preset allowance / dollar amount provided at no additional cost. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more. The over-the-counter allowance cannot be used to pay for your Part B or Part D prescription drug costs.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently UPMC for Life works with DrugSource, Inc. to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. They are the supplier of all the products and product information. The OTC online program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are 4 ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the phone: 1-877-418-8821 (TTY: 711)
- Eligible members can order by Mail. Complete an order form and use the enclosed envelope to return it. Please be sure to include postage.
- Eligible Members can visit a participating location such as: Giant Eagle, Rite Aid, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Walgreens, Walmart, and more.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to an UPMC for Life OTC account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/upmcsnp/login.asp in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your date of birth in the field provided.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the UPMC for Life OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: http://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/upmcsnp in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the field provided.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $20 and your order total is $20.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- Covered over-the-counter items are for members only. Members cannot purchase items for family members and friends.
- It will take 7-10 business days for you to receive the items you ordered. The items will be mailed directly to the home address that you provide.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns will NOT be accepted.
2020 UPMC for Life plans OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
How it works when Visiting a Retail Location:
You will receive an allowance every three months to buy covered wellness items at participating retail locations such as:
Giant Eagle, Rite Aid, Family Dollar, Dollar General, Walgreens, Walmart, and others.
- Your allowance will automatically be added to your retail card.
- You can only use your OTC retail card at participating retail locations.
- Simple swipe your retail card when you want to pay for items using your allowance. No PIN is required when using your retail card.
Activate your OTC retail card:
You must activate your Over The Counter retail card before you can start shopping. To activate your card, go to www.myotccard.com or call 1-888-682-2400 (TTY: 711). You will need your retail card and your UPMC for Life member ID number to complete the activation process.
NOTE: To view a complete list of participating locations and covered items, or to view your current card balance, log in to the OTC Network member website at www.myotccard.com or download the OTC Network mobile app from Google Play or the Apple App Store. You may also call the Health Care Concierge team toll-free at 1-800-606-8648 TTY users should call 711.
Download the OTC Network mobile app:
- Go to Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Search for “OTC Network.”
- Select Install or Get. The OTC Network mobile app should begin downloading.
- Go to your home screen and open the app. You will then need to enter your retail card number from the front of the card and click “Add My Card”.
- After logging in, you will be able to view your current card balance, find participating locations, see what items are covered, and much more!
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
UPMC for Life Dual Members Phone Number toll-free: 1-800-606-8648 TTY: 711