To place a CVS OTC Health Solutions order over the phone call: 1-800-400-6864 or (TTY: 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
BlueCare Plus Tennessee has been in business since 1945 and are an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. BlueCare Plus is an HMO SNP plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Tennessee Medicaid program. DrugSource is an independent company that does not provide BlueCare Plus Tennessee products or services but they are solely responsible for the Over-the-Counter drug supplies pursuant to the BlueCare Plus benefits.
What is the BlueCare Plus Tennessee Over-the-Counter (OTC) Program?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. It is an allowance provided for Over-the-Counter items. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ home. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently BlueCare Plus Tennessee works with Drug Source Inc to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The OTC online program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are two ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call and order in over the phone: 1-800-400-6864 or (TTY: 711).
- Eligible members can MAIL an order request in.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the begging of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access to the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to a BlueCare Plus Tennessee Health Plan OTC account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/bluecareplus/ in your internet browser on your device.
- Click Log in in the top corner.
- In the “Forgot Your Password?” section click on the “Click here for password help.” link to be redirected to: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/bluecareplus/forgotpwd.asp
- Type in your Member ID (found on your card)
- Type in your birthdate in the format MMDDYYYY.
- Click on the “Continue” button. (By clicking continue your password will be reset to your date of birth in the format MMDDYYYY.)
You will now have full access to the your online account and can begin taking advantage of the BlueCare Plus Tennessee OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/bluecareplus/ in your internet browse on your device.
- Click on the “My Account” link to be redirected here: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/bluecareplus/myaccount_login.asp
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the “LOGIN” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- You can place one order per month with a total of three orders per quarter.
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period.
- Allow 7 to 10 business days for your order to arrive.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns will not be accepted and no refund or credit will be given once items are ordered and mailed.
Blue Care Tennessee Health Plan OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Member Services Phone Number: 1-800-332-5762 TTY: 711