Customer Service Phone Number: 1-888-682-2770; TTY: 1-877-672-2688 or 1-800-441-5501
If you should need a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation / another language or other services, call the number on your ID card or 1-800-385-4104.
Due to the aging population, increasing health care costs and tight budgets, Aetna Better Health of Florida was made available. It is is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid contract. They realized that good health care is an important and immediate national priority. Aetna Medicaid is a leading industry in organizing care and managing costs. One of the benefits they are is Over The Counter (OTC) Drugs. Only under certain rules will one be offered / covered.
Some sample items that should be available are:
- Allergy or Sinus Medication
- Anti-gas medications
- Baby Products such as:
- Gas relief for infancts
- Diaper rash ointment
- Cotton Swabs
- Band aids
- Cold remedy Products
- Digestive Health Products
- First Aid Items such as:
- Calamine Lotion
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Anti-itch cream
- Wart removal
- First Aid Kit
- Rubbing Alcohol Wipes
- Gauze Pads
- And More!
- Adult cough, cold & flu medications
- Home Diagnostics Products such as:
- Glucose Chewable Tablets
- BP Monitor
- Eye Care such as:
- Dry Eye Relieft
- Eye Drops Redness Relief
- Eye Itch Relief
- Eye Wash
- Oral Care such as:
- Lip Balm
- Denture Adhesive
- Denture Cleanser tabs
- Dry Mouth Spray
- Oral Pain Relief
- Flosser Picks
- Personal Care items such as:
- Acne treatment
- Oil Free Acne Wash
- Hand sanitizer
- Cleansing Wipes
- And more!
- Pain Relievers
- Diabetic Socks
- Hot/Cold Patches
- Wrist Support Strap
- Ankle Support Sleeve
- Compression Sleeve
- Knee Support Sleeve
- Hot/Cold Multi-compress
- Reusable Ice Pack
- Sleep Aid
- Tablet Cutter
- 7 Day Pill Box
- Sunblock SPF 45
- Skin Therapy Lotion
- Mosquito Repellentmuch more!
NOTICE: Download the 2019 OTC Catalog is found at the bottom of this article.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you need to access the Aetna Over-the-Counter (OTC) benefit page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can activate a new online account or login and gain access to your current account. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Follow the easy steps below if you are a NEW member who needs to register and create a new account to manage your new card:
- Visit this link on your device in an internet browser.
- Click on the tiny “Register” link found under the “Login” bottom on the left hand side.
- Type in your Member ID (this is found on your health plan ID card) in the field provided.
- Type in your zip code in the field provided.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Create and type in a password in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Proceed to move forward and provide all the required information to complete the activation for a new online account.
If your registration has been completed successfully, you will be forwarded to your account details where you can then start to manage or review your account details.
Steps if you are a CURRENT member looking to sign into your current account online:
- Visit: https://aetnafl.otchs.com on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your current password in the field provided.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Begin managing your current online account.
There are three ways that you can place an order:
- Place an order IN STORE / by visiting a participating location. Call one of the above numbers to find a list of stores that are participating.
- Place an order online by visiting: AetnaFL.OTCHS.com and follow the steps provided above.
- Place an order over the phone by calling: 1-888-628-2770; TTY: 1-877-672-2688 – HOURS ARE: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. E.S.T.