Health Alliance Plan (HAP) has HMO, HMO-POS, PPO plans with Medicare contracts. The history of HAP dates back to 1956. It was in 1986 that it became a subsidiary of the Henry Ford Health System. HAP Empowered Duals (HMO SNP) is a Medicare health plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Michigan Medicaid Program.
They offer the following types of HAP Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access
- Choice Medicare Option 2 (HMO)
- Empowered Duals (HMO SNP)
- Primary Choice Medicare
- Senior Plus Medical Only (HMO)
- Senior Plus Option 2 (HMO-POS)
- (PPO) Senior Plus Option 4
- Senior Plus Option 3
- & More
Each plan offers great benefits, such as healthy discounts and programs and Extra Benefits such as the Over-the-Counter (OTC) mail-order items benefit.
What is the OVER-THE-COUNTER (OTC) Benefit?
It is a preset dollar amount set aside that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan.
In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of OTC products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- FREE Shipping — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently HAP Medicare Advantage plans allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit by accessing the online program. The site makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in.
With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge.
There are three ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go Online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Members can call over the Phone: 1-844-427-6821 (TTY: 711)
- Eligible members can order by Mail. They will need to fill out the form included with the OTC product catalog to order by mail.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Evidence of Coverage
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.