To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-844-427-6821 (TTY: 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Health Alliance Plan (HAP) has HMO, HMO-POS, PPO plans with Medicare contracts. The history of HAP dates back to 1956. It was in 1986 that it became a subsidiary of the Henry Ford Health System. HAP Empowered Duals (HMO SNP) is a Medicare health plan with a Medicare contract and a contract with the Michigan Medicaid Program.
They offer the following types of HAP Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Senior Plus Henry Ford Tiered Access
- Choice Medicare Option 2 (HMO)
- Empowered Duals (HMO SNP)
- Primary Choice Medicare
- Senior Plus Medical Only (HMO)
- Senior Plus Option 2 (HMO-POS)
- Senior Plus Option 4 (PPO)
- Senior Plus Option 3
- & More
Each plan offers great benefits, such as healthy discounts and programs and Extra Benefits such as the Over-the-Counter (OTC) mail-order items benefit.
What is the OVER-THE-COUNTER (OTC) Benefit?
It is a preset dollar amount set aside that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan.
In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of OTC products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- FREE Shipping — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently HAP Medicare Advantage plans allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit by accessing the online program. The site makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are three ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go Online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the Phone: 1-844-427-6821 (TTY: 711)
- Eligible members can order by Mail. They will need to fill out the form included with the OTC product catalog to order by mail.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Why create a HAP OTC account online?
You will be able to perform the following tasks:
1. View & manage your OTC member account information.
2. View catalog items.
3. View current available benefit balance.
4. See when benefit expires.
5. Find out when the next benefit will be available.
7. Search for specific over-the-counter products.
8. Order over-the-counter products.
9. Track orders & determine home delivery dates.
10. Download the product catalog.
11. Print a mail in order form.
What you need to register / sign in to a HAP Medicare Solutions account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://otc.hap.org/Account/Login in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the “Not Registered? Signup Now” button and you will be directed to: https://otc.hap.org/Account/Register.aspx
- Type in you First & Last Name in the fields provided
- Type in your Health Plan Member ID in the field provided.
- Select your State.
- Input your date of birth.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Create and type in a User Name & Password in the fields provided.
- Select your Security Questions and then provide the Answers in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the HAP online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: https://otc.hap.org OR hap.org/otc in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your User Name in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the “Log in” button.
- Begin managing your HAP Over The Counter online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- It is extremely important to note that you will only be allowed to place 2 orders at a time per each quarter depending how long each benefit period lasts our plan offers the allowance.
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $20 and your order total is $20.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- It will take 7-10 business days for you to receive the items you ordered. The items will be mailed directly to the home address that you provide.
- RETURN POLICY: No Returns allowed.
2020 HAP Medicare Advantage OTC Catalog / Catalogue ($45 / $75 / $100 Benefit Amounts):
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.