To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-855-283-3785 (TTY: 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
HMO coverage is offered by Florida Blue Medicare, DBA FHCP Medicare, an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Their Medicare Health Plan names are as follows:
- Rx Plus
- RX Savings
- Premier Plus
- Flagier Advantage (comes with the OTC Benefit)
- Premier Advantage (comes with the OTC Benefit)
Their Medicare Advantage plans cover everything Original Medicare covers and more! See the Summaries of Benefits for coverage amounts, limitations and copays for each of these:
Some of their plans come with a benefit for over-the-counter (OTC) items which covers OTC health and wellness products including first-aid supplies, pain relievers, cough/cold and allergy medicines, and more. With this OTC benefit, members receive an allowance to use once every quarter.
What is the Over the Counter Benefit?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. It is an allowance provided for Over-the-Counter items. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more. The credits will be provided either each month or every quarter. The OTC products are provided by a company called Convey.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently FHCP Medicare allows their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit by using the online OTC program. The online OTC center makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are 2 ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can call over the phone: 1-855-283-3785 (TTY: 711)
- Eligible members can order by mail: send the order form included with the catalog to the OTC Servicing Center, PO Box 526266, Miami, FL 33152-9819.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
- Also, you ma refer to chapter 4 of your Evidence of Coverage (EOC).
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- It is extremely important to note that you will only be allowed to place one (1) order at a time depending how long each benefit period lasts our plan offers the allowance. No partial orders are allowed. You must submit the full order at once or lose the remaining balance.
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. Also, you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Because of this, you will need to make sure to submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $20 and your order total is $20.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- OTC items are available through home delivery only. Allow 5-7 business days from the time your order is placed for delivery.
- OTC products may not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or through any source other than the FHCP Medicare OTC benefit channels listed above.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted.
2020 OTC FHCP Medicare OTC Over-The-Counter Catalog / Catalogue & Mail Order Form:
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Member Services Phone Number:
- 1-855-Go2-FHCP (1-855-462-3427) to speak a licensed Medicare agent
- Hearing Impaired: call 1-800-955-8770