To ask questions about the Over The Counter Benefit: 1-877-873-5611 (TTY:711) / 715-221-9208
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Security Health Plan, a part of Marshfield Clinic Health System, is a not-for-profit health maintenance organization. The history of Security Health dates back to 1971 when they were founded as the Greater Marshfield Community Health Plan, the first health maintenance organization (HMO) in Wisconsin, and the first rural HMO in the nation. The health plan became the Security Health Plan in 1986.
Most of their plans come with the Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs benefit coverage.
What is the Over the Counter Benefit?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. A preset dollar amount or allowance is provided. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of OTC products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and supplies can be expensive. Eligible Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is FREE — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently SecurityHealthPlans allows their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit by going online. Current eligible plan members can easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are three ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7. Simply use your My Security Health Plan account.
- Eligible members can complete the OTC product order form and fax it to: 715-221-9719.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to a Security Health Plan OTC Member account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://member.securityhealth.org/over-the-counter-benefit/landing in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the ” Register now” link to be redirected here: https://member.securityhealth.org/registration/tell-us-about-yourself
- Type in your First & Last name in the fields provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the field provided.
- Type in your Subscriber Number (found on your ID card)or Medicaid Number in the field provided.
- Type in the Random Code in the field provided.
- Click on the red “Continue” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the Security Health Plan OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: www.securityhealth.org in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Username in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the red “Log In” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. Because of this, you will need to make sure to submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order.
- If you order more than your allotted benefit amount you will need to pay for the additional amount due. For example: if your total benefit is $20 and your order total is $50.95, you will need to make an additional payment of $30.95 using a check, money order or credit card.
- It will take 14 business days for you to receive the items you ordered. The items will be mailed directly to the home address that you provide at no extra charge.
- Place your quarterly orders by: Mar. 20, Jun. 20, Sept. 20 and Dec. 20
2020 Security Health Plan OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Pharmacy Benefits Department: 1-877-873-5611; TTY 711
Current Member Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-472-2363
Medicare Inquiries Contact Line: 1-877-998-0998