To place an Over-The-Counter order over the phone call: 1-800-526-1490. TTY users should call 711.
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
CarePlus is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. CareNeeds (HMO D-SNP) and CareNeeds PLUS (HMO D-SNP) are sponsored by CarePlus Health Plans, Inc. and the State of Florida, Agency for Health Care Administration. They began offering Medicare Advantage HMO plans in 2000 and have their headquarters in Miami.
The CareNeeds PLUS (HMO D-SNP) plan is available to anyone receiving both Medicare and Medicaid-covered services: Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMB+), Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMB+), and other Full Benefit Dual Eligibles (FBDE).
The CareNeeds (HMO D-SNP) plan is available to anyone receiving Medicare along with some level of financial assistance from Medicaid: Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMB), Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMB), Qualifying Individuals (QI), and Qualified Disabled and Working Individuals (QDWI).
CarePlus offers Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans (MAPD) in many Florida counties such as:
- Palm Beach
- Indian River
In these counties the following policies may be available:
- CareNeeds PLUS
- Care Needs
- Care One Plus
- Care Free Plus
Depending on the CarePlus benefit plan you have enrolled in, you can take advantage of a set monthly or quarterly allowance that you can use to order approved over-the-counter (OTC) products, such as cough medicine, pain relievers, and first aid items.
What is the Over the Counter Benefit?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. It is an allowance provided for Over-the-Counter items. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of OTC products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently CarePlus allows their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit using the PrescribeIT Rx OTC program. The program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products from the comfort of home by calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
There are two ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can call over the phone. They will need to call PrescribeIT Rx at 1-800-526-1490 (TTY: 711).
- Eligible members can mail or fax the order in. They can fill out the Over-the-Counter (OTC) Mail-Order Form and FAX only the order form pages to: 1-888-778-8384.
- Eligible members can mail or fax the order in.
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
2020 Care Plus Medicare Advantage Health Plan OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- If your order exceeds your plan’s allowance, please include your check, money order, or enter your credit card information to pay the remaining amount due. Balances higher than the allowance amount may have sales tax applied. Failure to submit payment in full will lead to items being canceled to bring your order total at or below your benefit allowance.
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period.
- It will take 10-14 business days for you to receive the items you ordered. The items will be mailed directly to the home address that you provide. Orders may be split into multiple shipments.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Member Services Phone Number: 1-800-794-5907; TTY: 711