To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-844-271-8565 (TTY: 711)
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Independence Blue Cross offers Medicare Advantage plans with a Medicare contract. Their OTC benefit is underwritten by Keystone Health Plan East/QCC and is administered by Convey Health Solutions, Inc., an independent company.
Coverage options may vary depending upon your location. As of 2020, they offer the following types of Medicare Advantage Health Plans:
- Keystone 65 Basic, Focus, Select, and Preferred are the Medicare Advantage HMO plans
- Personal Choice 65 PPO, the Medicare Advantage PPO plan
Their plans are designed to give offer:
- Low-cost healthcare coverage.
- Coverage for prescription drugs.
- Access to doctors, nurses and specialists who all work together to help you feel better.
- The benefits you need to take good care of yourself.
- Extra benefits that are not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B – Original Medicare.
Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up.
What is the Over-the-Counter (OTC) benefit ?
As a member of an Independence Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Health Plan, you have a preset allowance / dollar amount set aside for the over-the-counter (OTC) benefit every quarter. This benefit allows you to get OTC items you may need. Make sure to use your benefit before the end of every quarter as the allowance will not roll over.
Why use the Over the Counter Supplies benefit?
• You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
• Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
• Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently Independence Blue Cross has an online program that allows their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The online OTC program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are two was that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the phone: OTC Order Fulfillment Center at 1-844-271-8565.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to an Independence Blue Cross Medicare Advantage account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Reasons why you should register for a new OTC online account:
- Access and browse the OTC products that are available to you
- Access an online copy of the OTC catalog
- View your available balance while you shop
- Track your orders
- View your order history
- Manage your account
- And much more!
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://www.ibxmedicare.com/otc in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the “Not Registered? Signup Now” button.
- Type in your First and Last Name in the fields provided.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Select your State.
- Input your date of birth in the fields provided.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Create and type in a User Name in the field provided.
- Create and type in a Password in the fields provided.
- Select your Security Questions and then type in the answers in the fields provided.
- Click on the blue “Register” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the Independence Blue Cross OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
2020 Independence Blue Cross OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form. If the end of the benefit period is approaching and you do not think your order form will be received in time, you may order online or call the number provided at the beginning of this article to place an order over the phone.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
General OTC contact number is: 1-844-271-8565
General contact number is: 1-800-303-0656 (TTY/TDD: 711)
If you have any questions and are a Keystone 65 member, call 1-800-645-3965 (TTY/TDD: 711). If you have any questions and are a Personal Choice 65 member, call 1-888-718-3333 (TTY/TDD: 711).