The OTC products are shipped free directly to eligible members. Local sales tax will be added to the order total and deducted from the credit balance. The sales tax is based on the address of the member and will vary by parish.
They offer the following Peoples Health Choices types of plans:
- CHOICES Gold (HMO-POS) & 65 #14 (HMO) reg. & For Northshore
- Secure Health (HMO D-SNP)
the Peoples Health Choices: Value (HMO), Group Medicare (HMO-POS), Group Medicare (HMO-POS) for Office of Group Benefits and #011 (HMO D-SNP) do not offer this benefit.
Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up.
Does Walmart accept OTC cards?
Yes, Walmart now accepts Healthy Benefits plus cards.
Make your Walmart OTC purchase in any of the following ways:
- Visit a location or in-store using your OTC card as your payment method.
- Some programs do not allow in-store purchases. However, these programs allow you to place orders online or over the phone. Contact the number on the back of your OTC card for more details.
Contact your company program using the phone number on the back of the OTC card.
- In addition to placing an order, use this phone number for information related to:
- Your OTC card balance
- Eligible items
- Purchase history
- Shipping charges
- Program feedback
- Access to the Healthy Benefits Plus Portal
- At Walmart.com enter your OTC card as a gift card.
What is Medicare Advantage OTC card?
This is coverage that allows members to order OTC medications using a OTC card that is provided by the company at no additional cost. It will also help with the cost of necessary health and wellness items. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Free Shipping!
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently Peoples Health works with Walmart (HealthyBenefitsPlus) to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The OTC online program makes it possible for millions of current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. These over the counter products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in.
What items can be purchased with OTC card?
With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
Where can I use my United Healthcare OTC Card?
There are 3 ways that eligible members of this program can submit their OTC card orders:
- Go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge.
- Call over the phone: 1-833-845-8798 TTY: 711
- Order by mail using the order forms sent with the welcome kit.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Can I pay with OTC card online?
Yes, see the steps provided below.
What you need to register / sign in to a Peoples Health Plan OTC account online and activate your new card:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Click on the “Get Started” button. You will be redirected to this link.
- Type in your Healthy Benefits Plus Member Card Number in the field provided.
- Next, type in your zip code in the field provided.
- Then, type in your date of birth in the field provided.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the Peoples Health Walmart Healthy Benefits Plus OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit this link in your preferred internet browser on your device.
- Click on the “Log In” link located in the upper right hand corner.
- Type in your Email Address in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the “LOG IN” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
2020 / 2021 Peoples Health Plan Healthy Benefits WalmartS OTC Catalog / Catalogue PDF:
2020 Peoples Health Over-the-Counter Product CatalogDownload<
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form. Order forms are included in the welcome kit that is sent to members of eligible plans.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions, please call toll-free to speak with an official plan representative at 1-800-978-9765. TTY users may call 711.
Current Member Phone Number:
Local: 504-849-4685 or 225-346-5704
TTY users call 711
Peoples Health Over-the-Counter (OTC) Video Summary: