To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-866-900-2688 – TTY:711
For Member Portal Assistance call: Toll free: 1-800-401-2740
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
Freedom Health, Inc. is an HMO with a Medicare contract and a contract with the state of Florida Medicaid program. They provide their members the option to order diabetic supplies in unison with the Over-the-Counter (OTC) program. The program makes ordering non-prescription drugs quick and easy at no cost to members.
They Service The following Counties In Florida:
- Indian River
- Palm Beach
- Saint Lucie
The plan is designed to give offer:
- Low-cost healthcare coverage.
- Coverage for prescription drugs.
- Access to doctors, nurses and specialists who all work together to help you feel better.
- The benefits you need to take good care of yourself.
- Extra benefits that are not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B – Original Medicare.
Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up.
What is the Over The Counter Benefit?
There are expanded benefits available to Freedom Health members. Their plan has a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications through CVS at no additional cost. It is a preset allowance provided each month for members to buy OTC products. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are two was that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the phone: 1-866-900-2688 – TTY: 711
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
Why Create A Freedom Health Plan OTC Account online?
The Member Portal allow you to:
• Place an order for Over The Counter / Diabetic Supplies
• Access & Print or Order an ID Card
• Order member Materials (such as Evidence of Coverage, Provider/Pharmacy Directory etc.)
• View claims and Explanation of Benefits
• Track Your Out of Pocket Expenses
• Find a Doctor, pharmacy or Facility
• Find Prescription Drugs
• Access Important Plan Specific Documents (such as Summary of Benefits, Evidence of Coverage, OTC/Dental/Vision Flyers etc.)
• View Your Benefit Information (such as copay, co-insurance etc.)
• Find forms
• Access the Calculate Body Mass Index
What you need to register / sign in to a Freedom Health Plan OTC account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://www.freedomhealth.com/otc-order-online in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on any “Member Portal” link and you will be directed to: https://memberportal.globalmedicareapps.com/Default.aspx?PayerID=FRH
- Click on the blue “New User Sign Up” button.
- Type in your First & Last Name in the fields provided.
- Type in your Email ID in the field provided.
- Type in your Date of Birth in the fields provided.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in the Last 4 Characters of Medicare ID/MBI Number in the field provided.
- Type in your Registration Code in the field provided.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Click on the blue “Next Page” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration along a temporary password. Please note that the temporary password will expire in 7 days from the time you receive it. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the Freedom Health online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
NOTE: If you are trying to login after 7 days, you will need to contact Member Services to reset your temporary password.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: www.freedomhealth.com/otc-order-online in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on any “Member Portal or Login” link
- Type in your Email Address in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the red “Secure Log In” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
2020 Freedom Health Plan OTC Catalog / Catalogue:
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Orders will be shipped via UPS or USPS. It should take about 7-14 business days to and/or a prescription may be required from a physician.
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Member Services Phone Number: 1-866-900-2688 – TTY:711