Blue Cross of Idaho is a PDP, HMO, PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Their SNPs also have contracts with State Medicaid programs. Blue Cross of Idaho Care Plus, Inc. is an HMO D-SNP health plan with Medicare and Idaho Medicaid contracts.
As a member of Blue Cross of Idaho, you might have a quarterly over-the-counter (OTC) benefit, administered by OTC Health Solutions, allowing you to select necessary OTC products.
Coverage options may vary depending upon your location and plan. As of 2020, they offer the following types of Medicare plans:
- True Blue HMO
- Secure Blue no RX PPO
Their plans are designed to give offer:
- Low-cost healthcare coverage.
- Coverage for prescription drugs.
- Access to doctors, nurses and specialists who all work together to help you feel better.
- The benefits you need to take good care of yourself.
- Extra benefits that are not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B – Original Medicare.
Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up.
Why use the Over-the-counter medications and supplements allowance Benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently BlueCross Of Idaho Medicare works with OTC Health Solutions to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The OTCHS online program makes it possible for millions of current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in.
With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge.
There are two was that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the phone: 1-888-628-2770 (TTY: 711)
- Members may also place an order by mailing in the order form that has been provided to them. Please mail the completed form to the following address: OTC Health Solutions, 9675 NW 117th Avenue, Suite 202, Miami, FL 33178. NOTICE: if you are ordering near the end of the quarter, order online or call for fastest service.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to a BC Of Idaho Care Care Plus OTC Health Solutions CVS Health account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://www.cvs.com/otchs/bcidcareplus or click this link in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the red and white “Create account” link located under the “First-time visitor?” section and you will be directed to: https://www.cvs.com/otchs/bcidcareplus/register
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your date of birth in the field provided.
- Enter your zip code in the field provided.
- Enter a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Create and type in a password in the fields provided.
- Click on the red “Continue” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the BCBS of Idaho Care Plus CVS OTC Health Solutions online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: https://www.cvs.com/otchs/bcidcareplus or click here in your internet browser on your device. NOTE: bcidahootc.com is the old website address.
- Type in your Member ID OR Email Address in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the red “Sign in” button.
- Begin managing your online account.