This history of United Healthcare dates back to 1977. Since then, they have been offering a variety of health plans. Today, some of those plans offer a Health Products Card or Over-The-Counter (OTC) Benefit program. It allows members to order and purchase over the counter medical products at NO additional cost.
FirstLine Medical is their supplier. They mail out all of the items available to order. Each health plan that offers this provides members the opportunity to purchase over the counter and wellness products from a catalog or online. Some items are also available to buy at your local Walgreens locations such as:
- Over-the-counter / OTC medications
- Vitamins and supplements
- Leg and foot care products
- Things for the home like scales, thermometers, and blood pressure monitors
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Bath safety products like mats and shower benches and more.
If you want to get these items at your local Walgreens store, be sure to look for the “APPROVED OTC” label on the price tag.
If making a trip to the store is not convenient for you the we suggest you order online or by over the phone. The catalog offers lots of products and there’s no extra cost for shipping or taxes.
It should be noted that all items ordered are purchased using your Benefit Card Credits, which are automatically provided every quarter to an account. These credits are applied or loaded to their account at NO ADDITIONAL COST. Shipping, handling and taxes are also covered.
The Plans that have this option are offered through UnitedHealthcare Insurance company or one of its affiliated companies, a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract and a contract with the State Medicaid Program.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information. You may also visit: https://newsroom.uhc.com/community/dual-special-needs-plans-can-offer-up-to–1000.html to find more information.
If you want to order items online, you will need to create a new UHC Health Products Benefit Medicare or Medicaid Card account online or login to their site. Below is a quick guide for you to find out how you can register online for a new account, or how to login to your current account.
steps to login and manage your CURRENT account:
- Visit http://www.healthproductscard.com
- Type in your current Card ID and Password in the spaces provided.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- You will then be signed in and can manage your account. Review your plan and personal information and if you see any mistakes contact customer service.
steps to Register and Create a Login for online account:
- Visit the following website in your internet browser: www.healthproductscard.com
- Click on the “Register” link found below the “Login” button on the left hand side.
- Proceed to provide all the required information exactly how it appears on your health plan card such as:
- Member ID
- Zip Code
- Email Address
- Choose to remain opted in or opt out: if you do not opt in and choose to opt out, you will not receive communications about your Health Products Benefit Card from FirstLine Medical via email. You will still receive information regarding your order by email.
- Next, create a Username and Password and type it in the fields provided.
- Select the security questions that you want to use and provide answers in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Be sure you receive a registration confirmation or make sure you can login and manage your new UHC Health Products Benefit Card account online.
Download The Catalog: