To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-877-715-9398 TTY: 711
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
General Member Customer Service Toll-Free Number: 1-800-580-7000 (TY/TDD: 711)
RiverSpring Star is a health plan that provides special care for Medicare beneficiaries who meet specific enrollment criteria. To join RiverSpring Star (HMO I-SNP), you must be entitled to Medicare Part A, to be enrolled in Medicare Part B, live in our service area, and in a nursing home or at home but require the same level of care as those who live in a nursing home.
They service the following areas in New York:
- New York
What is the River Spring Star Medicare Over-the-Counter (OTC) Benefit Program?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. It is an allowance provided for Over-the-Counter items. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products like pain relievers, cold medications, first aid supplies, dental care and much more.
On the first of every month, your OTC benefit will automatically replenish for you to use towards OTC products. At the end of the month, any remaining balance for the month will be lost and will not be carried over to the following month.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently RiverSpring Star works with Drug Source Inc to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The OTC online program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are 2 ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call and order in over the phone: 1-877-715-9398.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to a RiverSpring Star Medicare Health Plan OTC account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit shopping.drugsourceinc.com/riverspring in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID (found on your card)
- Type in your birthdate in the format MMDDYYYY.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Begin shopping and adding items to your cart.
You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the River Spring Star Health Plan OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/riverspring
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period.
- Orders can only be placed twice a month.
- Your shipping address must be the same as your member address with RiverSpring Start. If the address is not the same, contact Customer Service at 1-800-942-0247 (TTY: 711).
- DELIVERY TIME: please allow 7-10 business days from the time your order is placed.
- OTC items are available through home delivery only. Products may not be purchased at a local retail pharmacy or through any source other than the CHPW OTC mail order provider.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $70 and your order total is $70.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- Cash, checks, credit cards, or money orders are not accepted under this OTC benefit.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted. Lost or stolen OTC items are not refundable and will not be replaced.
RiverSpring Star HMO I SNP Medicare Health Plan OTC Over-The-Counter Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
Current Member Services Department Contact Line:
- 1-800-580-7000 (TY/TDD: 711)