To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-877-319-9667 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844) OR 1-800-854-8764
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
General Member Customer Service Toll-Free Number: 1-800-777-4376 TTY: 1-800-947-3529
Independent Care Health Plan (iCare) began in 1994. It was a joint venture between Humana Wisconsin Health Organization Insurance Corporation and the Milwaukee Center for Independence (MCFI). They offer the following iCare health plans:
- Medicare Advantage Plan
- Family Care Partnership
- Medicare Plan
- Aurora CompleteCare
What is the iCare Medicare Advantage Over-the-Counter (OTC) Benefit Program?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. It is an allowance provided for Over-the-Counter items. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products.
This is an additional benefit that does not cost you anything. You pay a $0 co-pay, $0 co-insurance, and $0 deductible.
Each month iCare will deposit funds into an account that is linked to a prepaid benefits card so you can purchase the over-the-counter (OTC) items you may use every day, like bandages, pain relievers, cold medicine, toothpaste, vitamins, and much more.
Why use the OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently iCare Independent Care Health Plan works with Drug Source Inc to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The OTC online program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are two ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Members may use the OTC product catalog and place an order using their prepaid OTC benefits card by calling DrugSource at: 1-800-854-8764 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844) OR 1-877-319-9667.
- Eligible members can purchase OTC items in a participating retail store or pharmacy such as:
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Rite Aid
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to an iCare Medicare Advantage Health Plan OTC account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit shopping.drugsourceinc.com/icareil in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID (found on your card)
- Type in your birthdate in the format MMDDYYYY.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Begin shopping and adding items to your cart.
You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the iCare Medicare Advantage Health Plan OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: https://shopping.drugsourceinc.com/icareil/
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- You will find that your shipping address must be the same as your member address with iCare. If the address is not the same you will need to contact iCare Customer Service at 1-877-319-9667 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844).
- DELIVERY WAIT TIME: please allow 7-10 business days from the time your order is placed.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $20 and your order total is $20.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- Cash, checks, credit cards, or money orders are not accepted under this OTC benefit.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted. Lost or stolen OTC items are not refundable and will not be replaced.
iCare Medicare Advantage OTC Over-The-Counter Catalog / Catalogue:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
How do I Buy or Purchase Items in a Retail Store or Pharmacy? Instructions are as follows:
- Take your OTC prepaid benefits card with you when you visit a participating store or location.
- Select any approved items you want to buy then proceed to the store checkout lanes.
- When you are at the register, give your prepaid benefits card to the person at the register or you can swipe the card using the debit/credit card swipe machine for payment, if it is available. (Purchases of approved items will be automatically deducted from your card balance. )
- As long as you have enough money in the account the payment will automatically be made from your account.
Useful Tips for Buying Items in a Retail Store or Pharmacy:
- No prescription is needed and you do not need to go to the pharmacy window.
- Be sure to keep your receipts of purchases and payments for your records and to track the amounts you spent.
- Please note: Each retail store and/or pharmacy has a different return policy. Make sure you check the return policy at the store(s) you shop at prior to purchasing products.
- Find additional retailers and/or look-up items available to purchase, visit https://www.otcnetwork.com.
Need to Check Your OTC Card Balance:
- You may call: 1-888-682-2400. After you are prompted, enter your OTC card number. The number is also found on the back of your card.
- Go to the online member portal at https://www.otcnetwork.com. Enter your OTC benefit card number to check the balance.
- Contact Customer Service at 1-800-777-4376 (TTY 711) or the Pharmacy Services Helpline: 1-866-938-0406 (TTY 711).
“I lost my OTC Card” – Replacing Your OTC Card instructions:
If you happen to lose your benefits card or it gets stolen simply call Customer Service at 1-800-777-4376 (TTY 711). Within 7-10 business days a replacement card will be mailed to you .
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
iCare Member Customer Service Number:
- Customer Service: 1-414-223-4847
- TTY: 1-800-947-3529
- Toll Free: 1-800-777-4376