To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-877-319-9667 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844) OR 1-800-854-8764
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
General Member Customer Service Toll-Free Number: 1-800-777-4376 TTY: 1-800-947-3529
Independent Care Health Plan (iCare) began in 1994. They are a recognized leader in serving Wisconsin residents and are based in Wisconsin. iCare, has been servicing folks with complex conditions for over two decades. They offer the following iCare health plans:
- Medicaid SSI plan
- Family Care Partnership
- Medicare Plan
- Medicare Advantage Plan
- Aurora CompleteCare
Did you know?
The iCare Medicaid SSI Plan was the highest-overall-ranked Medicaid SSI Health Maintenance Organization by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services in their 2017 HMO Report Card which was released on June 13, 2019!
The iCare Medicaid SSI plan is available for people with physical, developmental and/or emotional disabilities.
What is the iCare Medicaid SSI Plan Over-the-Counter (OTC) Benefit Program?
It is a supplemental over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that allows members to order OTC medications at no additional cost. It is an allowance provided for Over-the-Counter items. This benefit will help with the cost of necessary health care items that are not covered as a medical or pharmacy expense under your plan. In addition, it can help you save money on a wide selection of over the counter products.
This is an additional benefit that does not cost you anything. You pay a $0 co-pay, $0 co-insurance, and $0 deductible.
Why use the Medicaid SSI OTC benefit?
- You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
- Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
- Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
- Shipping is free — There are no shipping or handling fees.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently iCare Independent Care Health Plan works with Drug Source Inc to allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The OTC online program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. There is one way that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Members may use the OTC product catalog and place an order by calling DrugSource at: 1-877-319-9667 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844) .
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to use the iCare Medicaid SSI Health Plan Over The Counter Program:
- A Phone
- Member ID information
- Personal information
Below are the steps you need to follow to place an order using the Medicaid SSI OTC program:
- Review the Medicaid SSI OTC Catalog found below or here.
- When you are ready to order, call DrugSource, Inc. at 1-877-319-9667 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844). Let the customer service representative know that you are an iCare Medicaid SSI Plan member and they will verify your monthly benefit. NOTE: Please be ready with your ForwardHealth ID card number and your date of birth.
- Order the items you wish to purchase.
This benefit is only available as a mail-order program through DrugSource, Inc.
Tips for placing an order:
- You may only place one order each month.
- Delivery will be FREE.
- A new credit will be issued to you each month so you can order items every month
- Any unused monthly dollar amounts will be carried over into the following month.
- Dollar amounts expire at the end of each calendar year OR if you disenroll from the iCare Medicaid SSI Plan.
- iCare does not allow you to purchase OTC items for family members or friends.
iCare Medicaid SSI Health Plan OTC Over-The-Counter Catalog / Catalogue / Personal and Home Products Catalog:
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Your shipping address must be the same as your member address with iCare. If the address is not the same, contact iCare Customer Service at 1-877-319-9667 (TTY: 1-800-526-0844).
- DELIVERY TIME: please allow 7-10 business days from the time your order is placed.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $10 and your order total is $10.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- Cash, checks, credit cards, or money orders are not accepted under this OTC benefit.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted. Lost or stolen OTC items are not refundable and will not be replaced.
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
iCare Member Customer Service Number:
Phone: 1-800-777-4376 TTY: 1-800-947-3529