BCBS of Rhode Island Medicare Members Services: 1-844-859-6152 | TTY/TDD 711 / 401-459-2200 (TTY: 711)
OTCHS Website or Online Account Customer Service Phone Number: 1-888-628-2770
To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-888-628-2770; TTY: 1-877-672-2688
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) offers several Medicare Advantage plans to support and help Rhode Island seniors stay active and well.
The BlueCHiP for Medicare Value HMO-POS plan features a lower premium and emphasizes healthy activity. Eligible members will also get a complimentary daily activity tracker, the MaxBuzz, to track steps and calories, as well as a $100 annual lifestyle reimbursement for participating in their favorite healthy activities. They will also reimburse seniors for activities such as yoga classes, golf and even Tai Chi.
All of their BlueCHiP for Medicare plans offer seniors the following benefits:
• CVS Pharmacy over-the-counter (OTC) rewards – Members receive an pre-determined allowance every quarter that can be used to order from a wide range of OTC health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items purchased at some participating CVS pharmacies. NOTE: This benefit is available with all plans except BlueCHiP for Medicare Core (HMO).
• Get a $5/month gym membership at more than 45 local fitness centers across Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
• Dental coverage, included in your Medicare Advantage plan. NOTE: This benefit is available with all plans except BlueCHiP for Medicare Advance (HMO) and Core).
• There is a $0 copay for routine hearing and vision office visits and exams.
• An annual allowance for glasses and vision hardware is provided.
• Members can access Virtual doctors’ visits 24/7 via an online doctors program by using their smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Get healthy discounts from CVS Pharmacy.
Additionally, all of BCBSRI’s Blue CHiP for Medicare plans contain the following features at no cost:
• $0 mail order copay – This means that No eligible member will need to pay a copay for a 90-day supply of many generic drugs and have them delivered via mail.
• Access The Virgin Pulse wellness program – Designed to support and assist members get healthy and stay active.
• Receive Nutrition counseling – You can learn more about healthy eating and meet with a registered dietitian with this benefit.
• Access the Second Act volunteer program – This allows members to choose volunteer opportunities that will make a difference and give back to the Rhode Island community.
•Access to A Medicare Concierge Team – This is a dedicated BCBSRI team of service representatives to answer Medicare questions and provide plan information.
• Visit Your 3 Blue Stores – Seniors can visit any of the three convenient locations to receive answers to healthcare questions face-to-face. In addition, they can take advantage of free health screenings and sign up for nutrition and yoga classes.
In 2001, OTC Health Solutions was founded. These two companies have begun to work together with the goal to offer a cost effective means to aid against the ever increasing cost of healthcare. Currently OTC Health Solutions that makes it possible for millions of active members to easily order items through their home delivery program.
Members who are eligible for the Passport Advantage Medicare Plan are able to easily order over the counter products online or over the phone from the comfort of home. With this medicaid plan and extended OTC benefit, their members can order items such as:
- allergy relief products
- eye care
- digestive remedies
- first aid items
- cold medicine
- baby care products
- personal care products
- cold remedies
- pain relievers
- a home diagnostics product such as a blood pressure monitor
- nicotine replacements
- & a lot more!
These OTC products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge. There are two was that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- They can go online (see below on how to set up an account).
- They can call over the phone: 1-888-628-2770; TTY: 1-877-672-2688
- They can visit a CVS Pharmacy.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information. You may also visit: https://www2.bcbsri.com/about-us/news-events/news/blue-cross-blue-shield-rhode-island’s-2019-medicare-benefits-focus OR BCBSRI.com/yourbluestore OR http://www.rhodeahead.com/medicare/live/feel-great-and-save-money-your-2019-checklist for more information.
If you need to access your Medicare Extended Benefit OTC Coverage account, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to a Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island’s Medicare Benefit Plan OTC Health Solutions CVS Health account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
Steps to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: https://bcbsri.otchs.com or this link in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the small “Register ” link located under the “Login” button and you will be directed to: https://bcbsri.otchs.com/en/account/register
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your zip code in the field provided.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Create and type in a password in the fields provided.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the OTC pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Steps to follow to sign in to a current BCBS of Rhode Island Medicare OTC Benefits Plan account:
- Visit: https://bcbsri.otchs.com in your internet browser on your device.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- Once you have logged to your account, you should begin by filling out an online order request and select the items available from a list of pre-approved OTC items from a store list / catalog. BEFORE YOU SUBMIT: See the next tip. After you submit the request, the items will be mailed directly to the home address that you provide.
- It is extremely important to note that you will only be allowed to place one (1) order at a time depending how long each benefit period lasts our plan offers the allowance. You must submit the full order at once or lose the remaining balance. Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. Also, you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Because of this, you will need to make sure to submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- You are not allowed to order more than your allotted benefit amount. For example: if your total benefit is $10 and your order total is $10.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request.
- Generally there is no limit on the number of items you can order. However there is a restriction on the quantity limit per any single item, per order which is generally five (5). The only exception is for Blood Pressure Monitors, which are limited to one (1) per year. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- You can expect to have your items delivered within 7-10 business days. If you receive any damaged items you can return them within 30 days. They will then replace it with the same item.
Download the Catalog & Order Form: