To place an OTC order over the phone call: 1-844-479-6334 TTY:711
MEMBER SERVICES Contact Line: Please first call the number found on the back of your member ID card for accurate and faster service.
University of Maryland Health Advantage Plan is provided by the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS). They offer offering Marylanders new Medicare Advantage coverage with the University of Maryland Health Advantage Dual Prime (HMO-SNP) plan.
This plan offers an over-the-counter (OTC) drug benefit, which can help members save money on a wide variety of items such as pain relievers, cold medications, bathroom safety supplies, and first aid supplies. Their goal is to provide benefits or arrange for benefits to be provided to those who are eligible and enroll or sign up.
What is the Over-the-Counter (OTC) benefit?
As a member of an Independence Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Health Plan, you have a preset allowance / dollar amount set aside for the over-the-counter (OTC) benefit every quarter. This benefit allows you to get OTC items you may need. Make sure to use your benefit before the end of every quarter as the allowance will not roll over.
Why use the Over the Counter Supplies benefit?
• You Will Save Money — Members can get OTC items they need without spending money out of pocket. Get an allowance per each quarter to use on a wide range of health-related items such as cold remedies and personal care items.
• Easy Access — OTC orders are delivered straight to members’ homes. No need to drive anywhere.
• Save Your Time — One less trip to the pharmacy means members get to spend more time on what matters most.
No Extra Costs!
These products are all provided at no extra cost but by using a credit / pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders will be shipped to their home at no extra charge.
Currently University of Maryland Health Advantage and Medline atHome have partnered to provide over-the-counter products at no additional cost to their eligible members. This online program that allow their members to take advantage of their OTC benefit. The online OTC program makes it possible for current eligible plan members to easily order items using their home delivery services. Members who are eligible for this health benefit program are able to order over-the-counter products online from the comfort of home by going online, calling an order in or mailing it in. With this supplement benefit, their members can order items such as:
- Cough and cold allergy medicines
- Medicines for the eyes
- Pain medicine
- Products for the stomach and bowel
- First aid care
- Hygiene products
- Mosquito spray
- Mouth and teeth cleansing products
- Skin care
- & a lot more!
These products are all provided at no extra cost when part of an eligible plan. They simply use credits / a pre-determined allowance provided under the benefit. The orders are shipped to their home at no extra charge. Below are the ways that members of this program can submit their prescription orders:
- Eligible members can go online (see below on how to set up an account). This is the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to order 24/7.
- Eligible members can call over the phone: Medline atHome OTC Order Fulfillment Center at 1-844-479-6334 (TTY:711).
- Eligible members can order by mail: view the order forms found at the bottom of this article. Complete an order form and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
You will need to make sure you check your plan’s Summary of Benefits of your personal current plan to confirm if a plan offers this benefit. If it does, you must also check the plan’s specific OTC allowance frequency, as it can be either monthly or quarterly. The allowance amount varies and depends on the plan. You may call the number provided at the beginning of this article for direction.
Only some plans include a quarterly allowance. The credits can be used to pay for select over-the-counter medications and supplies, including allergy medication, digestive health treatments, first aid supplies, pain relievers, and more. If your plan includes this benefit, review your Evidence of Coverage to find your exact quarterly allowance amount.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
NOTICE: This information is not a complete description of benefits available. Contact the company directly for more information about their plans.
If you need to access the sign in or registration page, follow the easy steps below. We have provided a quick guide for you to find out how you can sign in to a current account or activate a new online account and gain access to manage it online. Be sure you have your personal information on hand.
What you need to register / sign in to an University of Maryland Health Advantage account online:
- Internet Access
- Member ID information
- Personal information
- Email address
Reasons why you should register for a new OTC online account:
- Access and browse the OTC products that are available to you
- Access an online copy of the OTC catalog
- View your available balance while you shop
- Track your orders
- View your order history
- Manage your account
- And much more!
Below are the steps you need to follow to register for a new online account:
- Visit: athome.medline.com/umha in your internet browser on your device.
- Click on the “Create Account” button.
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Input your date of birth in the fields provided.
- Type in a valid email address in the fields provided.
- Click on the blue “Register” button.
- Continue to move forward and provide all the required information until you receive a successful registration confirmation.
If you successfully registered you will receive an email verification showing that all is good with your registration. You will now have full access to your online account and can begin taking advantage of the University of Maryland Health Advantage OTC online pharmacy benefits that your plan includes if you qualify.
Below are the steps you will need to follow to login to a current account:
- Visit: livewell.medline.com/UMHA in your internet browser on your device. You will be redirected to: https://athome.medline.com/umha
- Type in your Member ID in the field provided.
- Type in your current Password in the field provided.
- Click on the red “Login” button.
- Begin managing your online account.
Important Useful Tips for creating / processing / submitting your order:
- It is extremely important to note that you will only be allowed to place one (1) order at a time depending how long each benefit period lasts our plan offers the allowance. No partial orders are allowed. You must submit the full order at once or lose the remaining balance. Any and all unused benefits will expire; they will NOT roll over to the next benefit period. Also, you will not be allowed to request a partial or submit multiple orders. Because of this, you will need to make sure to submit a complete order of all the items you need for the benefit period when submitting your order online or over the phone.
- You must use your full benefit amount in one order. Unused benefits will NOT roll over into the next quarter.
- Your order total may not exceed your benefit amount. Cash, checks, credit cards or money orders are not accepted under this OTC benefit. For example: if your total benefit is $10 and your order total is $10.95, you will have to delete or remove items from your order to bring the order total back down to be within the allotted benefit amount in order to submit the request. You will need to make sure that the total amount due is within your allotted monthly benefit amount.
- After you submit the request, the items will be mailed directly to the home address that you provide.
- Allow 7-10 business days from the time your order is placed for delivery.
- RETURN POLICY: Due to the personal nature of these products, returns are not accepted.
- If you disenroll from the plan, your OTC benefit will automatically terminate.
2020 Medline atHome University of Maryland Health Advantage Medicare Medicaid OTC Catalog / Catalogue and Bathroom Safety Devices:
MAIL ORDER FORM:
- If you are ordering by mail: Please follow the instructions to complete the order form. Mail it to the address listed on the form. If the end of the benefit period is approaching and you do not think your order form will be received in time, you may order online or call the number provided at the beginning of this article to place an order over the phone.
If you still have questions about your plan, you may call the phone number found on the back of your health plan member card.
General OTC contact number is: 1-844-479-6334 (TTY:711)
General contact number:
If you have any questions call Member Services at 1-844-386-6762, or by dialing 711 for TTY services for more information